Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Circuit Training

Today was our monthly circuit training workout with some new things tossed in. Gilbert always has the newbies start on circuit days. The look in their faces when we start the routine is like "what the hell?" I think we had two newbies today with a couple of newbies from last time make up Gilbert's personal coaching group. We did 2x800 and then the usual circuit routine at AHS. We did that twice and then got on the football field for anaerobic running which was new to me. We started out on the goal line and then sprinted to the 50 yard line without breathing. The first one was easy, but the next two were a bit harder. We then did 2x2 minutes of fast feet which is basically running in place on your toes with your arms swinging very fast. We then did three more of the anaerobic sprints and called it a day.

I have to say that the circuit training usually kicks my butt, but I feel really good today and I attribute it to the core and weight work I have been doing. I did some stretching, crunches and 35 more pushups at the club before heading to work.

The pain on the top of my right foot is still there. Hopefully it's nothing.

Estimated mileage (I actually went Garmin free today) - 5.5 Miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home