Monday, August 22, 2005

Hills of Meriden

Today we had a really hard workout at Meriden. I slept like crap again last night, so I was a little groggy gettting up this morning. G told us to meet at RunTex Riverside and run over to Meriden and 11th, but only about 5 of us actually did that. It was about 3.2 miles to get to the workout so I knew it was going to be a really long morning. G wanted us to do 5 repeats at about 15 seconds slower than our 1000 meter repeats. Sean and Anne weren't there so I kind of ran between groups. I went too slow for the first repeat and felt good. I picked it up for the next three and then dropped off a lot for the 5th one. My legs were toasted and I wasn't feeling so hot.

Repeat splits - 4:40, 4:31, 4:31, 4:33, 4:45

I did two of the uphill repeats and got really dizzy. I sat and rested for a bit and called it a day. I ran back to RunTex by myself not feeling so good. I got water at the Rock and along the trail. I headed to the club and did my ab workout (2x80 bicycle crunches and 3x20 leg raises). That's two rough workouts back to back. I hope I can catch up on my sleep and get back into a better routine.

Stats - 10.36 Miles
AHR - 133
MHR - 173

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home