Monday, August 15, 2005

Recovery Run and Strides

Today we did a 7 mile recovery run and did 15x100 strides at Auditorium Shores. My knees hurt a bit from Saturday, but everything else felt pretty good. Anne and I broke from the pack early and Jan caught us at about the 4.5 mile marker. Jay and Alex blew by at about the same time, but neither of them did the 20 on Saturday. We finished up and then headed over for the strides. I did my 15 and then did some of form exercises before taking off. I guess the rest of the crew did situps in the mud...not my cup of tea! I did my ab workout at home 3x15 leg raises and 2x80 on the bicycle crunches. I have been doing these almost daily for two weeks now and I can feel the difference.

I got a massage and Lucy made me whimper as usual. The girls went with me and were kind of amazed by the torture session. We picked up my new orthotics and wore them around today. They are a lot lighter than my other ones and feel really good.

Stats - 8.59 total miles with the strides
Easy run - 7.04 miles/1:03:38/9:03 pace
AHR - 131
MHR - 146

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home