Saturday, August 06, 2005

LSR - New Route

Today we ran a new route for our long run. I ran with Erin, Jayna, and Anne. That is my new marathon posse for speedwork and our long runs. We started out on the trail towards I-35, crossed over and then up Riverside to Grove road. We made a right heading north and onto the very east end of the trail. It was a nice stretch of quiet trail with no other runners. G had some water at about 4 miles where I ate a Carboom. We ran under the road near the Longhorn dam and headed back onto the trail. I had to take care of some stomach issues (never eat Rudy's the night before a long run!) at the can before the Holly power plant. Jayna and Anne went ahead. Once I finished, I spent the next few miles chasing them down. I finally caught them right by bathroom/water fountain right before the boat house by the hotels. Erin must have gone up ahead. I got some water and ate another carboom. We stopped for water again at the rock and then picked up the pace a bit on the last two miles.

Mile splits - 9:03, 8:32, 8:28, 8:26, 8:00, 7:51, 7:46, 7:20, 7:47, 8:04, 7:56, 8:13, 7:37, 4:29/7:16 pace (.62 miles)

We did 5 strides and then I headed back for my endurox. I ran into Wish who set me up with some shoes on tax free weekend and I headed back over for stretching. It was a good day!

Stats - 13.62 Miles/8:03 pace
AHR - 142
MHR - 161

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home