Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Easy Run and Weights

Today I flew to San Jose early so I did my run after I checked in and landed. I found a nice trail that runs along the Baylands preserve. The weather was awesome for lunch time. I took off around 12PM and it was in the mid 70s, breezy and dry. I ended up running as far as I could on the trail without getting lost and went at a pretty good clip. My new orthotics felt really good and I didn't get any blisters or anything. I need to break them in over the next two weeks and possibly use them for our next 20 miler. They are a lot lighter than my old ones and feel a lot more natural.

When I got back to the hotel, I did an abbreviated weight workout with the machines they had and called it a day. I did my ab workout at home before I left... 2x80 bicycle crunches and 3x15 leg raises.

Tomorrow I will be doing the 7 mile run with the Palo Alto folks unless I get a better offer. Since it's a down week, I may blow off running and do something fun.

Stats - 5.31 miles/42:42/8:03 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home