Thursday, August 11, 2005

Recovery Run

Today I did the last of my Tuesday/Thursday recovery runs at the trail. School starts next week and I have to drive the girls to school on Thursdays. I will do my 7 miles around the hood until the marathon. I didn't feel too good this AM, but went anyway to keep my commitment to my training buds.

There were only 4 of us today, Anne, Richard, and Carrie. Anne set a faster pace than usual, but it was nice. We headed east on the trail for our 7 miles. I had an SA at about 2.5 miles so I had to stop and take care of that. I ate dinner really late last night...not a good idea. We finished off the loop without further incident, blew off our strides, and headed back to RunTex. We ended up going about a minute per mile faster than our other recovery runs. We got back just as the regular Tues/Thurs group was getting back. It was nice to see Jay, Alex, Amy, Liliana, and the other regulars.

I went to the gym and did my full weight and ab routine. I did the full stretch routine and headed to work. My body feels really good and strong. I am ready for the run on Saturday!

Stats - 6.98 miles/1:00:31/8:40 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home