Wednesday, August 10, 2005

2000s at Zilker

Today the marathon group met at Zilker park for 2000s around the soccer fields. I had a 8AM meeting today, so I parked at the site and did a lap around the fields as a warmup. The group slowly emerged from the shadows and we did our drills. Anne, Sean and I took off pretty quick so I could get my workout in. G wanted us to do 5 and I think Anne was the only one that did. I finished my 4th one right before 7AM and I had to bail. We started out slow with an 8:31, then I picked up the next two at 8:04 and 8:06. Sean took the lead on the 4th one and I finished in 8:26. I felt really strong for the first three but my legs were burning during the 4th one. I could have done one more, but it probably would have been in the slow range.

My average was 20 seconds faster than I ran them back in January. I got to the gym, stretched a bit, then did 2x75 of the bicycle crunches and 3x10 of the leg raises for my abs. Good day!

Stats - 7.15 miles
AHR - 138
MHR - somewhere in the 160s (the HR monitor went FUBAR)