Wednesday, August 31, 2005

One Mile Repeats at Zilker

Today we ran mile repeats at Zilker. I haven't done these since May...which is hard to believe. We ran over in the dark, did our drills and then headed out. I was in a group of about 6-8 people including Sean and Anne. We were supposed to do 5 repeats, go no faster than 6:50 and then figure it out from there.

I ran the first one in 6:59 and felt pretty good. It usually takes me 2 or 3 to get fully warmed up. I did the second and third in 6:43 and slowed for the fourth one since it was just Sean, Anne and I. The others were really pushing the pace in the previous one. I ran the last one with Anne and Jayna and wanted this one to be the best one; I did it in 6:36! I averaged 6:46 for the 5 repeats which is 8 seconds faster my May average and 46 seconds faster than my average from September of 2004.

I ended up with over 200 miles for the month and feel really strong. My back is feeling a lot better and once the stress of my current project is over in 12 days, I can really focus on getting mentally ready for the marathon.

Stats - 9.27 Miles
(heart monitor FUBAR again!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

200 Miles! Geez...I guess you're looking forward to the 3 week taper already, huh?

August 31, 2005 10:43 PM  
Blogger Paco said...

I don't think G believes in a week taper, but I am going to implement my own...75%, 50% and 25% reductions.

September 01, 2005 10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home