Thursday, November 17, 2005

Back Home Again...It's Cold!

I got home last night and am very happy to be be back. I missed both of my mid-week Gazelle workouts and didn't have the best of runs in California. When I woke up this AM it was 26 degrees outside and totally clear with minimal wind. I dropped the kids off and took off about 7:30 for a 4-7 mile run. I had to put on the tights and two layers on top. The sun was coming up so I figured it would warm nicely throughout the run. With no wind it wasn't too bad out there. I did my usual run out to highway 45 and back and then went north on Escarpment to the Circle C trail. I went back out onto Slaughter for a bit and then turned around and headed back onto the trail. I jumped back on Escarpment south for the last two miles back home. I ended up just under 7 miles and felt pretty good. The Korean BBQ bloats are gone. It was a nice run but kind of weird to be bundled up where last week I was in shorts and a singlet. Hopefully the cool dry weather sticks around for Motive on Sunday. I am still sticking to my goal of beating last year's time. I just want to have a good race.

Tomorrow is a total rest day and then an easy 4 miles will be run on Saturday. I really need to get back into "eating healthy" mode. I have really slipped on that since Chicago and I can see the results hanging around my waist.

Stats -

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Welcome back to beautiful Austin! See you on Saturday.

November 17, 2005 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home