Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Short Run in Sunnyvale

Today I wanted to do between 6 and 7 miles hoping to do the fartlek workout by doing some loops in the area around the hotel. Unfortunately I ate too much last night and my body just didn't feel like hanging in there for the full mileage. I met an old buddy from my days in Houston for dinner. We went to a really great Korean BBQ place and I ate way too much. I got off to a slow start and didn't feel right at all. I got to the two mile mark and then started the 2 on 1 off fartleks. That lasted for a couple of miles and as I passed the hotel for the second time I decided to call it a day. I was at the 4.5 mile mark so I was happy with the effort given the way I felt.

I am so happy to be back in Austin where I can get back into my schedule. I will do 7 miles tomorrow, rest Friday and then get into the race weekend routine on Saturday. I have no idea what to expect on Sunday at Motive, but am still hopeful to better last year's time.

Stats - 4.5 Miles/37:52/8:24 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home