Saturday, November 12, 2005

LSR to Mt. Bonnell

I survived last night's slumber party for Emma and actually had a pretty good time. I did eat too much cake and chicken nuggets so I know I am going to pay during this morning's run. It was another warm, humid morning. It is getting really old. The goal today was to run up to Mt. Bonnell and back to RunTex. I wasn't feeling so good for the first few miles. I felt sluggish and bloated. I started out running with Joseph and Kelly then we were caught by Patrick and Sean and we caught up with Anne at the first water stop on Red Bud. I ran with that little pack until the stomach exploded and I had to hit the potty just past the Hula Hut.

Mile 1 -4 Splits - 9:35, 8:42, 7:43 (probably wrong), 8:37

I took off by myself and started catching some of the backmarkers. A couple of Gazelles were walking which is a rare site or should I say a change in the demographics of the group which is nice. I caught Jay's little group on Scenic and kept pushing along so I could catch up with my group. I turned down Pecos and flew down the hill. I saw my posse leaving the dry cleaners and I turned it up a bit. I caught them right at Mt. Bonnell drive and joined them for the climb. I haven't climbed hills in a long time and my legs and lungs were burning going up. I didn't stop until I got to the top so that was an accomplishment. I got some powerade at the top and we made our way down to the turnaround point.

Miles 5 - 9 Splits - 8:39, 8:12, 8:31, 9:23, 8:40

We made our way back to the top of Mt. Bonnell where I ate my second Carboom and got a splash of powerade. We made our way down the hill and onto 35th street. We headed down Exposition and were trying to figure out if we wanted to do some extra by looping back by the Hula Hut. We decided to pass and keep going. We stopped at O'Henry for the last of our water breaks. I decided to pick it up from there with the group. We stayed together until about Mangia and then Sean and I pulled away. We crossed the bridge and then Sean pulled away from me. I chased him as far as I could, but he really pulled away in the last mile. It was a fun finish to a long mile.

Miles 10-14 Splits - 9:18, 9:06, 7:47, 7:25, 7:39, (1:47 for .25/7:17 pace)

I did 4 strides after finishing and then headed back to RunTex to get to Caroline's soccer game. It was a good day and a good run. Given today's run and how I feel, I think I have a chance to do well at Motive next week. My goal is to do better than last year which was 1:43:54/7:56 pace.

Since I am traveling and in meetings all day Monday I will do a moderate run tomorrow.

Stats - 14.25 Miles/2:01:10/8:30 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home