Monday, January 30, 2006

Easy Run at Home

Today I slept in and ran at home instead of getting up at 5AM and meeting the group. I slept really well which is what I needed. My legs felt good with a little soreness, but nothing major. After my effort yesterday, I was a little worried. I started off pretty quick (8:05 first mile) today so I guess I still had some spring in my legs. I quickly slowed myself down and settled into a nice groove. I wore my MP3 player today and that is a nice change since I rarely run with music. I had some mellow stuff on and that worked well with my slower pace for the last 4 miles. I did the usual out and back to highway 45 and then ran up Escarpment almost to Slaughter.

I got home and did some "higher-open" exercises, stretched and did 100 crunches and 50 leg extensions for my abs, and did two sets of back raises for my back. I feel really good now and plan to work hard until race day.

Stats - 5.13 miles/44:13/8:36 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home