Monday, January 23, 2006

Meriden

Today we did kind of a long workout although the speed/strength portion wasn't that long. We left RunTx Riverside at about 5:50 for a run to Meriden for some hills to get our legs moving and hour hips opened up. I didn't measure the warmup, but was thinking it was about 3 miles to get over there. I ran with Anne and Marci for a bit and then had to make a pit stop at the tennis courts. My stomach has been hurting since Saturday and I was thinking I pulled a muscle, but now I think it is a bit of a stomach bug. Anyway, I took care of business and got over to Meriden where I half-assed through the drills. We were told to do 3 repeats and then stick around for some sprints up the starting hill.

I did the repeats about 20 seconds slower than normal, but felt pretty comfortable doing them and my legs did feel good. Splits - 4:59, 4:52, 5:00

I did 5 sprints up the hill and 3 backwards and my legs were really loosening up. G really knows his stuff cause this workout did exactly what he said it would do and I feel great. I ran back with Sean and Emily and then headed home to get ready for work.

Stats - 9.8 Miles

I am really glad we are winding down. I have been so tired lately and really need a break. I need to figure out what I can do after the race so that I can keep the weight off. I think swimming is the key, but I need to get some lessons so I can learn how to breathe. I still want to do well in the shorter races this spring, but I don't want to get up at 5AM 4 days a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home