Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Fartleks on the Trail

Today we did our usual Wednesday, pre-race fartleks on the trail. It was still cold this morning, but not as cold as yesterday. G told us to warm up for two miles and then start our fartleks; 15 x 1 minute with one minute rest in between. I started out running with Jerry ahead of Jay's pack, but I dropped back when the fartleks began and ran with Jay's group. Two weeks ago I couldn't keep up so I felt good today and led a couple of repeats. We did a good job of the speed part as well as scaling back on the slow minutes.

We did 5 strides at the finish and then spent about 15 minutes on Gilbert's balance drills. I am finally starting to get these down and I think it is helping my running. I really should practice these more at home.

I have an early meeting tomorrow, so I think I am going to move my rest day to Thursday, run 5-7 miles on Friday, and then the easy 4 on Saturday. G wants us to run our Decker time at 3M, which means 1:33 for me. I think that's kind of fast, but very doable. I definitely want to break my PR of 1:37 and shoot for a sub 1:35.

Stats - 7.5 miles (with run and strides)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home