Thursday, January 19, 2006

400 Repeats in Los Gatos

I was still in the bay area today so I got up at 5AM to meet with a training group at Los Gatos High School. A lady I work with at Sun trains with them so I met her and the group at 5:45am. It was a lot colder yesterday so it was a good thing I bought some tights last night at the New Balance store in San Jose. I just happened to walk by the store on our way to dinner with Sun.

Anyway, we did a two mile warmup in the dark streets of Los Gatos. It is a really cute little suburb of San Jose. I did my drills while the others did their routine. I then ran with their fast group for 5 repeats. I did my one jog lap and then headed out for another 5 repeats on my own. It was about 6:50 so I had time for two more repeats and about a .75 mile cool down before I had to hit the road back to my hotel. I averaged 1:36 for the 12 repeats with a fast one of 1:30. This is the same pace as my repeats on 9/7/05 so I figure I am in good shape with a month to go to Freescale.

Stats - 12 x 400 repeats
7.51 miles

We continued our meeting with Sun in the AM and in the afternoon went to this place in Los Gatos to play Boce Ball. It was a blast! I headed from there around 3PM to catch my flight. When I got to my gate, I ran into Anne Espinoza and chatted with her for a bit. She was finishing up a week up in Napa with her company. We were both happy to be coming home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home