Monday, January 16, 2006

The Road to Wilke

Much to my surprise, yesterday I got the email from G about the week's workouts and saw Wilke on the schedule for today...yuck! This is the workout that makes me remember running suicides (lines) during basketball practice in high school. It is a really long workout too with the warmup, drills and the actual repeats. The weather was warm and humid...like mid 60s and lots of humidity...almost summer like. Anyway, we gathered at 5:45 and I ran over quietly with Emily and another lady I don't know that well. We chatted a bit about how my posse ran the wrong way during Saturday's long run...oh well!

We did our drills and then hit the mountain. Sidenote...why doesn't G call it Mountain Wilke? G wanted us to do 10 forward, 3 backward and then 3 of the 20 yard sprints at the top. I was hurting after 5, but continued on. I was running with Sean for the most part, but he always beat me to the top. We grumbled through the last 5 and then hit the backward repeats and the sprints. I don't really like the backward ones either, but really like the sprints to flush out the legs at the end of that workout.

I ran back with Sean and then headed home to get ready for work. It was a really good workout and I feel really good about it. Today was a Wilke "PR" for me. My previous best was 8 so I beat that by 2! I was thinking I did 10 before, but was wrong. It's a good thing I didn't know or I probably would have bailed early.

Stats - Approximately 9 miles with warmup, drill and the workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home