Saturday, February 04, 2006

15 Miles on the Freescale Course

Today we started at Gateway for a 15 miler to RunTex. G called it a RunTex to RunTex run. I drank a half a bottle of Gatorade Endurance and ate a Clif Bar at home. The weather was in the 30s at my house so I wore tights and two layers on top. It turned out not to be so cold at the top so I was a little warm during the run. I ran with different folks throughout the run and everyone seemed to be very loose and ready for the race to be here. There was water about every 5 miles so I ate a Carboom and drank at each stop. My legs felt pretty good and I was able to pick it up for the last 5 miles. I had a stomach problem at the north end of campus so I pulled into the coffee shop to take care of it. (Note to self: NO Pei Wei the night before any future race) When I ran out I ran into Jerry who took a few wrong turns and was bringing up the rear. We ran in together and caught Bob who was taking it slow. We also encountered a lot of traffic from the Rogue folks who were also doing a final course shakedown run.

I did 4 strides on the trail, headed over to stretch, but didn't have time to do the drills that G was filming so I did a brief session by myself outside RunTex. It was a good final tune up run. I guess we have a couple of speed sessions this week and a 10-13 miler next Saturday. I ended up with 57+ miles this week which is more than I expected, but it started with 3M and ended with today's run.

Splits - 15.04 Miles/2:07:19/8:28 pace
Last 5 miles - 8:10, 8:12, 8:01, 7:30, 7:50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home