Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Surprise..It's a Tempo Run!

Today G changed the workout from 800s to a 4 mile tempo run. I don't think it would have mattered either way...my legs are tired and I am tired. Emma has the flu, Carla is getting the flu, and Caroline looks sick too. I got some Tamiflu from Emma's doctor yesterday so hopefully I don't get it too.

Anyway, we did a two mile warmup and then our drills. We bunched up and took off. I was hoping to at least do 7 minute miles, but I was a little leery of running hard a few days after a hard race and I was afraid to hurt something in the dark. I started out with a 7:12 pace then dropped down to 7:18 for mile two. I was chasing Sean and Thon, but they pulled away and then it was just me and Jerry. He went ahead at the turn and I never caught him. I ran a 7:11 for mile 3 which was a good start for a negative split, but I totally fell apart during the last mile running a 7:23. I crossed the line and headed home to care for Emma. I did some stretching and ab work at home.

I am going to run 7 miles at home tomorrow and then hopefully join the group on Saturday.

Stats - 6.41 miles for the day
4 Mile Tempo Run - 29:11 - (7:18 pace) 14:31/14:40

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home