Friday, April 07, 2006

Back at Home

I flew back from my west coast swing early yesterday morning. We had a product launch with a partner in Las Vegas on Weds night and I didn't get back to my hotel until about 12:30AM. By the time I packed and got it bed it was about 1:15 and I had to get up at 4:15 to grab a cab to the airport. When I got home I felt like a car hit me. Needless to say no running for me yesterday.

Anyway, I had a good night of sleep last night and hit the roads this morning. I got my new shoes from Onlineshoes.com yesterday and wore them this morning. I am tired of RunTex never having my size and Onlineshoes.com has multiple colors of the Asics GT 2110 so I went with the gray shoes with orange trim for the summer. I ran a little over a mile to the school where I ducked in to see Caroline and a few classmates recite the Pledge of Allegiance. I headed from there up the east loop of Circle C and then back on my normal loop on Escarpment. My knee still has the dull pain, but it was good to get back on the roads. I want to get through the Indy half and then deal with it then before I start my fall marathon training. Hopefully it is nothing major.

I guess tomorrow will bring a long run for us. Jay proposed a flat course which I hope stands since my knee doesn't need to be abused by another Bonnell run.

Stats - 5.05 miles/43:00/8:31 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home