Saturday, April 01, 2006

Easy Pre-Race Run

After taking two days off to rest my knee, I headed out today for an easy few miles to test it. It had rained this morning so it was really warm and humid when I set out at 7:45...exactly the same time as the race tomorrow. I ran a little over three miles around the neighborhood and then to Caroline's soccer game. My knee felt weird still, but nothing major. After Caroline's game, Emma and I did some run/walk back to the house. I iced my knee when I got home it feels OK now.

As for my goals tomorrow, I think given tonight's forecasted low of 70 degrees and my knee, my goal is to PR over my 44:35/7:11 pace from last year. I wanted to shoot for somewhere in the 42:XX range, but am not feeling too good about it. So let's just say between 42:00 and 44:00 which is a wide range, but who knows.

Stats - 4.82 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home