Saturday, July 22, 2006

Grove "Back Down Week" LSR

Today we met at 6AM for the Grove loop which is 13-14 miles. We took off as a big pack, but once we got out past the Statesman building, we started to settle into our normal groups. I ran the majority of the way with Anne and Alex. We had folks in and out of during the run, but it was us 3 for most of it. We stopped near ACC for the first water stop where I ate my first Carboom. I stopped for a hydration adjustment at Holly park and we got water again under I-35 where G was stopped...I ate my second Carboom there. The tempo started out pretty slow, but after mile 4 all paces were sub 8:30 which was kind of fast for this run. I enjoyed it because I have a rest week next week, but if I were sticking around I may have slowed a little. We stopped for water at the Rock and then it was time for a fast finish that none of us had planned. Anne took off and Alex and I chased her. The two of them finished ahead of me, but I was happy with my finishing miles. I ran mile 12 in 8:02, mile 13 in 7:22, and the last half mile at 6:59 pace. Over all it was a fun run...and only 13.5 miles.

We gathered for stretching and the talk in my area was about the "Package Guy" who was running with see through lycra shorts. He didn't leave much to the imagination and the jokes and innuendos during stretching were hilarious. I hope we didn't offend the Gazelle family stretching near us. I did some ab work when I got home and then watched the recording of Floyd Landis winning the last time trial and theoretically the Tour De France. All he has to do is finish tomorrow without incident and he is good to go.

Stats - 13.47 miles/1:52:10/8:19 pace
AHR - 140
MHR - 167

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home