Thursday, July 20, 2006

Recovery Run

Today I got to RunTex for my recovery run to meet Jay and Anne. Amy also joined us, but no one else. A few folks are running their long run tomorrow due to weekend plans. We headed out counterclockwise and Anne and I created a small gap between Jay and Amy. We were on the stretch right before the new water fountain and small foot bridge on the north side of the trail when some whack job came running down the embankment at Anne and I. We kind of moved out of the way and then he started running right behind us. Anne and I picked up the pace a bit and lost him, but it was a bit spooky. We got around the bend out of the whackos reach and waited for Jay and Amy to show up just to make sure they were OK. It just shows that no one, men or women, should be running on the trail by themselves...especially in the early morning. After that the run was pretty uneventful...just some good conversation as we finished the last half of the run. I did 4 strides and then rushed off to the gym for a brief leg weight workout. I scratched my back on the track doing sit ups yesterday, so I wasn't able to do my ab workout. I did some quick stretching and was in my chair for my 8AM meeting.

Tomorrow is a rest day and then we have the Grove Run on Saturday. 1 more day until vacation!

Stats - 7.15 miles/1:07:41/9:28 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home