Monday, July 31, 2006

Vacation Running

I was able to to run 4 times on the Mariner of the Seas this past week as we sailed through the Atlantic an the Caribbean. My goal was about 20 miles, but I ended up with 27.38 miles in 3:45 for the week. We were at Coco Cay in the Bahamas on Monday. I ran on Tuesday during our day at sea; I ran on Wednesday before we got off the ship in St. Thomas; I skipped Thursday because we had to get off the ship early for an excursion; and I ran on Friday and Saturday while we were at sea. It was weird doing all my miles on the treadmill with the ship bobbing. I had to really concentrate. I had to play some games as I was running or I would have gone crazy. I warmed up about 15-20 minutes each day and then I would kick it up to do some long fartleks at pace.

As for the trip, we had a great time. Lots of great food, good drink, naps, and fun with the girls. It was a good week for my body to heal up and get ready for the stretch run of my fall marathon training.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home