Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Mid Day Run

We had some issues with our fire alarms last night so we were woke up at 2, 3 and 4 by the damn alarm. After the last false alarm, I changed the alarm from 5 to 6:30 and blew off the fartleks...it's the kind of thing you can do when you are recovering! I headed for my second day of jury duty and ran at lunch time at the lake. I drove to the Rock and changed there. I headed out clockwise on the trail. It was already 84 degrees at noon so I got warm pretty quickly. I wanted to run the 7 miles at 8:00 pace to get a little bit of a harder workout in. I found after a few miles that my heart rate had raced into the 160s and I felt like I was working too hard. I got around to Auditorium shores where I rested a bit and got some water. I waited for my HR to get into the 120s before I took off again. I restarted and got to Stevie Ray Vaughn where I ran into Lisa. She was working with her training group she coaches so we chatted for a bit and I was off again. It was here that I really started to feel bad. My heart got into the high 160s, I couldn't catch my breath and actually had to walk. I really slowed down and walked a couple of time. I don't if it was the lack of sleep, my back, the heat or a combination of all three. I was also pretty stressed about the trial since we found a person guilty and sentenced them to three years in prison. Maybe it wasn't a good day to run, but I really wanted to clear my head.

Anyway, I went ahead and signed up for Motive and hope I feel better on Sunday for an organized training run.

Stats - 7.01 Miles/57:43/8:14 pace
AHR - 155
MHR - 168

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home