Saturday, December 02, 2006

Easy Pre Race Run

Today I slept in and did my pre race run at home. I did a little loop that took me around to the girl's school and back. It was still cold outside, but not as bad as yesterday. I got too warm with what I had on. I am so used to running in warm weather that this cold stuff is messing me up. I ate too much yesterday and had a bag of popcorn at the movies last night so I was a bit sluggish. I ran at a pretty slow pace instead of rushing through it, did 4 strides, and called it a morning.

Evening
This evening was Caroline's first reconciliation. For you non Catholics, that means it is the first time she goes to confession. The cereomony was really nice and Caroline was brave to go talk to Father Ed. She freaked a bit, but we calmed her and their talk went well. Seeing her be brave caused me to actually go to confession for the first time since I made my first reconcilation when I was 9. As you can guess there has been a whole lot of "water" under the bridge since then. I went to the private confessional with Father Bob, who is my favorite at the UCC. He was very nice to me given my huge gap between confessions and even laughed when I brought up my time lag and compared it to Burt Reynolds 1978 movie "The End." It was a really nice evening.

Stats - 3.12 miles/27:28/8:48 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home