Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Recovery Run

Today was one of those mornings where I just wanted to blow off my run and sleep in. It was another cold night in Austin and I was snug in my bed when the alarm went off. I decided to get up and meet some folks who wanted to brave the cold for a recovery run. Jan, Brad, Marcy, Emily and Brian were out there so I felt better. I bundled up and actually had too much no this AM. Since it was in the 80s last week I still haven't gotten used to the cold weather yet.

As for the the actual run we headed counter clockwise on the trail at a pretty slow pace. It felt good to me since my legs were just warming up slowly. Once we hit the north side of the trail folks started talking a little more. Jan and I lagged behind a bit, but didn't care. We caught the group at the Pfluger bridge and again a the Rock for water stops. A couple of folks took off after the Rock, but 4 of us casually finished the loop. The sunrise was glorious and the combination of perfect sunrise and the moon still shining was amazing. We were all in awe as we crossed the MoPac foot bridge. This is why I got up! I did 4 strides and headed off to the gym.

I actually had some left over energy so I did my leg exercises, some arm stuff, abs and the full stretch routine. I need to get more diligent with all this stuff, but I am enjoying not being so rigid about my running. My new mantra is Boston by 2010 when I turn 45 and if it happens sooner; icing on the cake!

Stats - 6.95 miles/1:05:52/9:29 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home