Saturday, February 03, 2007

15 Miler - Last Really Long Run Before ATT Marathon

Today we ran our last long run of the training season. It was a 15 miler covering some of the mid miles and the finishing miles. It was really cold this AM with the car temp reading 28 degrees at RunTex. I wore a snow cap, tights, two layers on top, and my warm gloves. I have learned the hard way that my thin Mizuno gloves don't work worth a crap below 40 degrees.

I headed out with Brian and we were passed by a few groups and then hooked up with a portion of Jay's normal group. I was taking it slower due to my groin and the pace was fine. G wanted us to run easy and then run the last 5 miles at MGP. My legs are still pooped from 3M so I didn't think I could get near MGP today. At our second water stop on Hancock and Bull Creek we had a longer stay to take care of bodily functions and it was just me and Brian. We picked up Diana when she stopped to deal with her broken watch. We stayed together and caught the others at the water stop near the golf course on Red River. I did pick it up a bit over the last 5 miles with splits of 8:19, 8:24, 8:09, 8:37, and 7:58. My groin held up well and I didn't really feel it until I started pushing the pace.

I got back to RunTex and visited a bit and then headed home. G sent everyone home to stretch since it was so cold still. I iced my groin most of the day and it felt pretty good. This week's speed workouts are Wilke and 800s which could aggravate my injury so I may do some alternate stuff. It will be a game time decision.

Stats - 15 miles/2:13:49/8:55 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home