Saturday, April 28, 2007

Easy 10 Miles

Today I met Alex and Jay for an easy 10 miles on the trail. It is a week before the half marathon so a flat, easy 10 miles was nice. It was really humid so not a good day for the folks doing the Roundup 10k. We started at the south side of the Pfluger bridge due to the road closures near RunTex. I didn't eat well last night during Caroline's birthday party...too many Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets and cake so my stomach was a bit upset. I made it through most of the run, but had to stop at Zilker on the way back. I really need to watch my diet more as we go into Chicago season. Once I hit my pit stop I ran a 7:36 final mile. I feel pretty good going into the half next week. I know I can beat my time from last year, but am hoping to go sub 1:35.

We stretched and watched some of the 10k. The elites were flying by and we saw a few folks we knew. Next week is an easy week of running, but I plan on still hitting the weights twice before I leave on Friday.

Stats - 10.14 miles/1:29:50/8:51 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home