Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July - Tempo Run

Today we met for the dreaded tempo race. Since our normal route is flooded, we headed out east of I-35 for our run. We did a two mile warmup to the 8 mile marker, grabbed some water and then were off. The course was the east side of the 10 mile loop to just past the Congress bridge. I ran with Rachel the whole way and finished behind Jerry, Dan, and another guy. I was able to do a negative split, but my first two miles were slow. I was slower by just over a minute from the last run on the normal course. This course is a full 4 miles so that is part of the time delta, but I think my legs are a bit tired with all the work I have been doing...both running and at the gym. It started to rain as we finished so we walked back to RunTex and did some strides in the parking lot behind RunTex.

Stats - 6.82 miles
AHR - 126
MHR - 166

Tempo stats - 4 miles/29:21/7:20
Splits - 7:26, 7:25, 7:14, 7:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home