Monday, August 20, 2007

2/8 Pace Run

Today we did the 2/8 pace run on the trail. It was warm and humid as usual and I didn't sleep so well last night. I have been having insomnia lately which really sucks. I also didn't eat well yesterday having had popcorn for lunch at the movies and a few ribs, a small piece of sausage, and some turkey from Rudy's. My stomach was upset when I woke up...not a good sign.

Anyway, enough complaining. I wanted and needed to have a good pace run today since my previous pace runs have not been really good. I started out with the pack and ran with Vasil again. We covered the 2.12 mile warm up in 19:04/8:59 pace. I hit the potty by the 8 mile marker and then we took off. I was feeling good at the start and not really pushing the pace. G said to let it come the run come to you and finish strong. That was my plan and will be my plan on race day. I started getting faster after the first two miles and think I was in the 7:40 range for the remainder of the run except for the water stops. I kept the watch running for both of them. I did have to take a bio stop for the stomach right before the little hill on the north side of the trail. I stopped the watch for that one. That was with about 3.5 miles to go and once I cleared the system I was flying and felt really strong throughout the remainder of the run. I was shocked to see my last mile was my fastest, but I was really focused and concentrating at the end and that was the difference.

It was a good confidence builder for me and I believe my training is right on track. My AHR heart rate was only two beats above my threshold and if given 30 degrees cooler temps in Chicago in October it should be down in zone 3/4 during the race.

Mile Splits
7:50
7:58
7:46
8:22 - includes water stop
7:34
8:16 - includes water stop
7:38
7:27

Stats - 8 Miles/1:02:56/7:52 pace (including water stops)
AHR - 151
MHR - 161

Overall mileage - 10.13 Miles

2 Comments:

Blogger TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

Nice run Frank! I couldn't keep you in my sights. Had to keep stopping for water.

August 21, 2007 5:52 PM  
Blogger Paco said...

Thanks for letting me beat you for a change!

August 21, 2007 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home