Friday, August 31, 2007

Fila Relays

This evening I participated in the Fila Relays for the 3rd year in a row. I was part of "Masters of Our Domain" which was comprised of Anne, Larry and Rachel. I ran the start leg so I got there early to do a good warm up. I did the 2k loop around the track and then got into the corral around 6:20. The start was delayed and my legs actually cooled down in the heat. The gun went off and my quads felt like sand bags. I went as fast as I could and did the first mile in 6:43. I slowed in the second mile to 7:05. I think it was due to the two small climbs during that mile and my heart rate was going crazy. I ran the last 2.44 miles at 6:27 pace. I handed off to Anne and then went for some water.

We ended up taking 2nd place in the mixed masters division and all had a good time. A storm rolled in right when I was enjoying a beer and some tacos. Rachel and I got drenched walking back to our cars by AHS. Overall a fun night.

Stats - 3.5 Miles total
Race HR
AHR - 164
MHR - 175

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home