Saturday, August 25, 2007

First 22 Miler

Today some of us did our first 22 miler...which means only one more to go! It was another warm, humid morning in Austin. I will be happy when our "Houston" like summer is over. We started near Zilker Park again at 5:30 in the AM. The route was up and back almost to 183 via Exposition going up and Scenic coming back. This course is a lot harder than our down hill 20 miler two weeks ago so I decided to take it a little easier than I did then. I started and finished with Steve and Vasil for the entire route. Larry was off getting married so we had to try and carry the conversation for the route. I tried to eat about every 4 miles where there was water and the Accel Gels went down good with no issues. I stopped for water at every chance I could. I guess I wasn't hydrated enough. The pace was pretty consistent throughout the run and I was able to pick it up a little for mile 20 (8:36) and 21 (8:28). My stomach kicked up during the last couple of miles, but I was able to finish with no problems. My heart rate was good and although it wasn't the perfect run, I got the miles in and felt good throughout.

Steve and I just wanted to cool off so we skipped stretching and jumped into Barton Springs for about 30 minutes. It felt good to be in the cold water.

Stats - 22.25 miles/3:16:15/8:49 pace
AHR - 137
MHR - 156

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home