Monday, September 17, 2007

5/5 Pace Run

Since I had such a poor showing during Saturday's pace run I was able to get the guys to join me on a 5/5 pace run on the trail. I think the lack of water on Saturday affected all of us, but being the big boy of the bunch it hit me harder. I felt like crap most of the day on Saturday and just wanted to put that bad experience behind me.

We did a nice slow 5 warmup with water bottles in hand. Once we hit the 5 mile mark on the trail we finished our water and hit it. I was out for redemption and confidence building today and it showed in the way I ran.

Splits - 7:47, 7:35, 7:41, 7:34, 7:18

I felt really good and strong today and Saturday is a just a bad memory. The nice part was my AHR stayed low.

Pace Run Stats - 5 miles/37:57/7:35 pace
AHR - 150
MHR - 159

Overall Mileage - 10.14 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home