Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cali Run Recap - 9/18 - 9/20

I flew to San Jose early on the 18th so I was unable to run that day. I was good and ate healthy the entire trip...even limiting myself to a single cheeseburger at In and Out Burger. I even drank sparkling water at our work dinner on Tuesday night.

As for the running, it was wonderful. A cold front hit northern California so it was in the high 40s/low 50s in the two mornings I ran. On Wednesday I headed out from my hotel in Santa Clara out on a trail that runs along a canal. I started behind Great America amusement park, passed by the 49ers training facility and then finally into the Bay Area Wetlands preserve. I used to run in this park a lot when I worked for AMD so it was nice to return. I went out about 3.5 miles and then headed back. I didn't bring my heart rate monitor, but know I was doing a good clip and my heart wasn't working that hard. I ended up running 7.1 miles in 59:11/8:20 pace.

On Thursday morning I got up at 5AM and drove down to Los Gatos to meet with a group I train with when I come into town. The owner of a local running store, The Running Revolution, trains a group of folks who meet on Tues/Thurs at Los Gatos High School. They were running 600s, so I decided to 1200s instead. I ran four 1200s and then joined them for one 600 before I left.

1200 Splits - 5:06, 5:01, 5:03, 4:51

I ran the 600 in 2:17/6:08 pace and then did a quick cool down before heading back to my hotel. My overall mileage was 6.22 miles. I was happy with the workout since I was pretty much on my own. Now it is time to get back to the heat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home