Monday, October 01, 2007

4k at Zilker

Today we ran our normal pre marathon Monday 4k at Zilker. The goal was to jog over and then start to simulate our warmup, or lack of warm up prior to the marathon. The goal for the 4k was to run at MGP for the two laps around Zilker. We all started together and split apart based on our MGP. Alex took off in front, Kevin and Tye were ahead of me and I could hear Larry and Steve behind me. I went out too fast as usual so this is a good reminder to slow it down on Sunday. Once I checked my pace, I adjusted and stayed just under goal pace. We finished and waited for everyone to cross the line. We visited for a bit about the coming race and then jogged back together. It was a really nice workout.

4k stats - 2.37 miles/18:11/7:39 pace
AHR - 143
MHR - 155

Overall mileage - 5.35 miles

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Go get 'em Frank. It's going to happen this time.

October 01, 2007 11:52 PM  
Blogger Paco said...

Thanks bud!

October 02, 2007 5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home