Saturday, October 06, 2007

Day Before Chicago 2007

Yesterday was our travel day and we had a good flight from Austin. We hit Harry Carey's for lunch and then headed to the expo. It was nice as usual with all the major running companies there. I bought a couple of things and took it all in.

This morning we met the Chicago Gazelles for a short run along Lake Michigan. Alex and I ran into Jenny outside the hotel so we walked over to Navy Pier for our run. It seemed a lot further than I remember. I think we were the last to arrive. We ran south on the path for about 20-25 minutes, did some strides, and Gilbert gave us our pep talk. We walked back to our hotel with Gilbert. He is staying with his friend David who lives near our hotel. I had a big breakfast and have been laying in bed most of the afternoon. I am off to dinner with the family in about an hour. After that it will be more rest time with a night of college football and playoff baseball.

I have been hydrating like mad since it was warm this morning and they are forecasting warmer weather tomorrow. I am healthy, strong and ready to roll. Cooler weather for the race would make hitting my BQ time easier. Warmer weather just means I have to work for it tomorrow.

Same goal...3:20!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home