Saturday, October 13, 2007

LSR to Mt. Bonnell

Today I began my training for the White Rock Dallas Marathon. I met Larry and Alicia at RunTex at 5:30 for a run up and over Mt. Bonnell. We took a little different route by cutting across on Enfield to run up Pecos. We hit the cleaners for water at 35th street and then headed up to Mt. Bonnell. I was feeling good and we weren't really pushing the pace. We stopped again for water at the top of Mt. Bonnell and then ran down the other side for a little less than a mile. This piece of road scares me in the daylight and it was really weird running it in the dark. We encountered a couple of cars, but came through unscathed. We got more water at the top and then headed back to RunTex via scenic. We saw a bunch of Rogues and other running groups on the way back. I had to get back so I left Larry and Alicia at the Rock water stop. I upped the pace a bit during the last 4 miles going 8:29, 8:31, 8:18, and 8:06 for the last mile. I didn't want to push it too hard, but wanted to push it a bit.

Overall it was a really good run. I look forward to my compressed training schedule for Dallas. I will focus on pace runs, long intervals with a couple of races thrown in.

Stats - 15.14 miles/2:16:12/8:59 pace
AHR - 137
MHR - 163

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home