Monday, October 15, 2007

Mile Repeats at Zilker

Today I met the group for mile repeats at Zilker. It was weird to be coming back so soon after a marathon, but I came back with a purpose today...to get ready for Dallas! It was nice to see everyone again.

We did the jog over in the dark and did our drills. G said we needed to do 4 repeats. I think I probably should have done more, but I want to come back a bit more slowly since I haven't done any speedwork in awhile due to the Chicago taper.

I was grouped with my old buds, but my goals were a little faster than theirs and too slow to run with the group in front of me. My McMillan time goals are 6:33-6:48 so I was hoping to be in that range. It was really dark out there and it was hard to see where the road was. I usually like to run the tangents and couldn't see the corners. My splits were solid and I did a good job of pacing myself.

Splits - 7:04, 6:49, 6:55, 6:56 - 6:56 average

I jogged back with a few folks and spent some time visiting with friends at RunTex and headed home. I stretched and did some abs at home.

I was quoted in Pamela LeBlanc's Fit City column in the Austin American Statesman today which was kind of cool.

Stats - 8.15 miles
MHR - 174 during the last repeat

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Frank, she gave you ten extra minutes! :)

October 15, 2007 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home