Monday, November 05, 2007

2/8 Pace Run

Today a small group of us, Philly and Dallas marathoners, took off on a 2/8 pace run. I had a nice two day rest from running and my legs felt great. The downside was that we were on the go all weekend and I ate really bad. I also had my head in the Halloween candy bucket...not good!

As for the run I took off ahead of the pack for the warmup and stopped at the two mile mark, hit the potty and got a quick drink. Marcy and Randy had already taken off so I off I went. I just ran how I felt and monitored my progress. My heart rate was high all morning and I don't know what to make of it. It was a bit warmer and more humid than it has been, but nothing like this summer. I caught Marcy and Randy near the softball fields and kept going. I had one of those negative moments near I-35, but battled through it and kept running how I felt. I stopped for a quick sip at the Pfluger water fountains. Ward caught up with me near AHS and dropped me for good after the MoPac bridge. I wasn't racing him so no worries. I was still feeling good. Once I crossed the foot bridge, I kicked it up a few notches for the last mile. I felt like I was flying and ran the last mile in 7:18. I crossed the zero mile marker at 8.04 miles for the pace run and averaged 7:34 which is perfect. This was definitely my fastest pace run of the year by a long shot. My summer runs were in the 7:50 - 8:00 range.

I did a few strides and called it a day.

Splits - 7:34, 7:37, 7:36, 7:40, 7:34, 7:31, 7:39, 7:18

Pace run stats - 8.04 miles/1:00:51/7:34 pace
AHR - 157
MHR - 166

Overall mileage - 10.17 miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home