Friday, November 02, 2007

Long Run a Day Early

Due to Caroline's soccer tournament this weekend I had to do my 15 mile long run at home. I used the same course that Wish and I ran yesterday for the first loop and then did an out and back to Convict Hill on Escarpment for the second loop. I started out with a water belt which I haven't used in years. It really bothered me so I had to stop about halfway through the first loop and empty it. I had planned on doing 5 miles easy and then 10 at pace, but we are doing a 2/8 pace run on Monday so I just ran how I felt for the run. After the first loop I was able to eat a gel and get some more fluids at home. I left the water belt and took off. I thought the second loop would be really monotonous, but I shed my top layer, felt a lot lighter and took off.

I had a really good workout and it was a nice change to run at home for my long run.

Stats - 15 miles/2:03:19/8:13 pace
AHR - 140
MHR - 161

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home