Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Awesome Run in the Bay Area

Today was one of the most beautiful runs I have done. When I travel I always like to stay at a hotel where I can get a nice run in nearby. I stayed in the east bay town of Newark (near Fremont) last night and thought there wasn't anything close by. The front desk mentioned a 3.1 mile loop with mountain lion warning signs so I skipped that. I did some searching on the web and found I was a couple of miles from a bay area preserve where there is a path called the Alameda Creek Regional Trail. I drove over there as the sun was barely coming up and found the path. I parked in a residential area and jumped on. My Garmin died right away and I was a bit upset, but then I thought what a wonderful place for the damn thing to die...right here in a nature preserve with beautiful scenery around me. I took off and about a half a mile in I saw some mileage markers so at least I had a frame of reference so I wasn't late for my meetings. I headed west into the bay and when I reached the end I was literally surrounded by water. I could see the buildings of San Francisco because the sun was reflecting on the buildings. I could see the silicon valley to the south and Oakland to the north just as the sun was rising. I said a little prayer of thanks for the beautiful scenery around me and headed back. I had no idea how fast or slow I was going, but knew I had 4 more miles to cover. I got back to my car and found I had covered about 8 miles in a little over an hour. It was an awesome run!

Stats - Approximately 8 Miles/pace - who cares!
MHR - Who cares!
AHR - Who cares!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home