Saturday, November 10, 2007

10 on the Trail

This is our last 20+ mile weekend of my training for Dallas. I am running the Gazelle Foundation 10 mile race so I decided to split the miles over the weekend. The other goal was to run the race "tired" tomorrow so I can see what I have left for the marathon. I got to RunTex at 7AM and planned to run alone. I ran into DV who I have never run with before. He is really fast, but is coming back from injury and still planning on running his first marathon at Dallas. The weather was warm and very humid which sucks for this time of year. My heart rate definitely reflected the warm weather. We ran together for the first 6 miles and then he took off. I finished the last 4 miles on my own finished a good clip and felt a bit tired. I visited with Brian, Brad, and Jan, got my race packet, and called it a day.

Stats - 10.19 miles/1:24:20/8:16 pace
AHR - 146
MHR - 162

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home