Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday LSR

I moved my long run to Sunday because when I woke up yesterday I had really bad chills. I slept in and felt a lot better after I woke up. I met Wish and his Sunday group this morning for a tour of Mt. Bonnell and Mt. Barker. The route was new for me which is nice after 5 years of running here in Austin. It was really cold again and we got rained on in a few spots. It was one of those runs where you just want to finish and with the marathon in two weeks it was not a time to do anything stupid. We stopped for water at the cleaners where I ate a CarbBoom. We went through the bigger hills and then came back on Perry Lane, crossed over MoPac at Windsor and took West Lynn down to 5th Street. We headed east toward Lamar and then jumped on the trail heading east for some finishing miles. We crossed over the First St. bridge and I said my goodbyes. My stomach blew up after eating pizza last night for dinner. I got a cup of water at Auditorium shores and then finished up with a bit of a push on the wet trail. My actual time is a bit off because I forgot to stop my watch at a couple of stops. I think averaged between 8:35 and 8:40 for the run.

I felt good throughout the whole run and it was a nice change of pace to do a new route with some new folks.

Stats - 14.71 miles/2:08:51/8:45 pace
AHR - 134
MHR - 159

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home