Sunday, November 18, 2007

Time in Tucson

This is a recap of my time in Tucson. I had to fly early on Wednesday back to Austin and then fly early on Thursday to Tucson for some time with by brother and to see a couple of UofA games. I wasn't able to run either day so I had a couple of days off. On Thursday night we went to see the UofA play football against Arizona. We hit an old college hangout of mine called Gentle Ben's. We had dinner and a couple of pitchers of beer before heading to the game. Arizona upset Oregon 34-24 in a very exciting game. We ran on the field after the game which was something I never did when I was in school there. After we cleared the field we headed were walking to the car when the Arizona marching band came around the corner onto the Arizona mall. We waited on them and they played an impromptu concert on the steps of the Admin building. It was really cool.

On Friday I was finally able to run. I ran a loop I remembered from my time out there two years ago. It is so dry there that my breathing was off and I felt thirsty the whole time. It was a nice run with scenery that is a lot different from Austin. I had lunch with my parents and then spent the evening with my family at my brother's house.

Stats - 7.58 miles/1:02:18/8:13 pace
AHR - 142
MHR - 163

On Saturday morning I had to get in 15 miles and was not looking forward to it by myself. I broke the miles into two segments with a pit stop at my brother's house in between. I did the mileage in a good pace.

Stats - 15.25 miles/2:04:48/8:10 pace
AHR - 141
MHR - 158

The Tour De Tucson bike race was also this morning so I got back, ate, and then walked back to see the cyclists come through. It was pretty cool to see them come by in packs during the 109 mile route. We watched for about an hour and then headed back for some college football. My parents left for home in Phoenix and my brother and I headed back to the campus area for dinner and for the Arizona basketball game against Virginia. I haven't been to an Arizona home basketball game since I was in school so it was a nice treat for me. It was a great game, but Arizona lost 75-72. I flew back on Sunday. It was a good trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home