Saturday, December 08, 2007

Pre Race Shake Down Run

I got into Dallas about an hour late last night and got to my hotel around 10:30. It was nice and cold and Denver and it sucks here. I didn't sleep good because I was hot and I was pissed the weather forecast was looking way warm and humid. When I woke up I flipped on the TV and the weather guy said the cold front was moving in. I was ecstatic! I thought I slept 24 hours and missed the race. I flipped to another channel and they were saying the same thing. I called Jay and then called Larry. I was so happy I had to tell someone!

I met Jay and Randy down in the lobby of the Hyatt around 8:30 and we did a tour of the finish line. It was only about 3 miles, but we were able to see the finish line and the last mile or so of the course which was nice. We also stopped and took a look at the area where President Kennedy was assassinated. This nice man gave us a really cool tour of the points and his views of things as they went down. From the view I saw, the President was definitely hit by more than one gun. We were unable to assist the man with a few bucks which was his goal, but we did drive by later looking for him, but he was gone.

Jay and I hit the expo and then I was back in the room for some much needed rest. We went to drive the course around 3:30 and then met Larry and Ava, and their friends for dinner at Macaroni Grill. It was a great meal and I was good to go for the night.

Tomorrow is race day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home