Thursday, January 03, 2008

Gym Running

I am still in my late marathon recovery mode so I skipped running with my friends early this AM for some extra sleep. It was another cold morning and for some reason my old bones don't enjoy the really cold weather. Once I got up I hit the gym for some treadmill running and cross training. I took another day off yesterday to rest my knee and it seemed to help. I used the elliptical trainer for 15 minutes and then ran 5.15 miles on the treadmill in 45 minutes. I was sweating like a beast so I guess my body was starving for some exercise. Once I was done with my cardio I had a little time for weights so I did some leg extensions, hip abductor, leg curls, and step ups. Next week I need to get back into the whole routine with focus on my abs and lower back.

I will see how my knee feels tomorrow to see if I need another rest day. I am planning on 16+ miles on Saturday so I can stay on track for the 3M Half Marathon.

Stats - 5.15 miles/45:00

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed Little, Jr. said...

Glad to see you are still running. I am still training also, but not so good during the holidays...Haha! Although I am much improved since we last emailed, I have been battling with shin splint injuries the past year. I am still determined! My site is down due to an "attack", but should be up soon. In the meantime I post from time to time at my photography blog. Until next time, Ed.

January 04, 2008 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home