Saturday, January 12, 2008

Long Run - 3M Course

Today we did a point to point run on the 3M course. I rode up with Jay and most of my running buds to the starting point. It was a fun ride with lots of talking and laughing. G showed up and sent us off. It was a pretty large group which was cool. My heart rate is still doing weird things in the cold. It seems to peak out during the first mile or two and then all of a sudden drop back to normal. I am guessing it has something to do with the cold. I will have to ask my doctor about it when I go for my physical next month.

I decided to run a bit faster and try and keep up with my normal training pod. They started out really quick and I was able to keep up until we hit MoPac. I was a bit behind them for the next few miles. Anne decided to slow down a bit so we ran together the rest of the way. We had a couple of sub 8:00 miles coming through campus and had a really good run.

My knee was a little sore later in the day, but it may have been from driving to Houston to see my Arizona Wildcats beat up on Houston. It was a great game!

Stats - 14.54 miles/1:58:43/8:09 pace
AHR - 144
MHR - 173

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home