Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Recent Workouts

Just a bit of catch up for the past few days.

Saturday 6/14 - Longer Run
We ran the "lollipop" route with some miles on the trail to start and finish. It was another hot morning and I wasn't feeling so well. I had a pizza at the Alamo Drafthouse that seemed to rumble through my system all night. I still got up for the run and was able to hold it together until the last couple of miles. Overall I felt a lot better than last week and my back didn't hurt as much after the run. I think my core and back exercises are helping.

Stats - 11.92 miles/1:46:40/8:56 pace

Sunday 6/15 -Father's Day
Today was my day off and also Father's day. I went to mass and received my yearly Father's blessing and then we went to a nice lunch. I spent the rest of the day watching the US Open. I am doubly blessed to be a Dad with such wonderful daughters and to have a a wonderful Father of my own!

Monday 6/16 - Circuits at AHS
Today was circuit day again. We did 4 circuits with a 400 in between each one. We also did som core work and fast feet afterward. I am actually starting to like these workouts. Too bad they are ending next Monday. I need to keep up some of the exercises on my own in addition to my gym workouts.

Stats - 5.65 miles

Tuesday 6/17 - Gym Day
I ran for 45 minutes on the treadmill followed by my weight workout. I focused on my legs with a couple of exercises for my shoulders and back. I did some ab and back work once I got home. My glutes were a bit sore from yesterday, but not too bad once I got warmed up.

Stats - 5.21 miles/45:00/8:38 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home