Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Recovery Run and Gym

So how about those Olympics last night? It was awesome to see the American swimmers sweep the gold and then watch the scrappy men's gymnastics team squeak out a bronze medal. I can't wait to see the track and field events and the marathon this Saturday (women) and next Saturday.

This AM I met Anne, Marcy, and Brian for a 7 mile recovery run at Lady Bird Lake. It was cloudy with a few flashes of lightning at the start. We had a few sprinkles which made it a bit more humid. They all did Wilke yesterday so I was the slacker. We had a nice run in the dark most of the way. There is nothing better than an early morning run on the trail. You get to see the skyline still lit up and then the sun rising.

I hit the gym on the way home and did my weight routine. I just love the squat rack and the seated leg press. All my back and glute pain disappeared after I was completed with those exercises. I did some ab work and stretched at home.

Stats - 6.94 miles/1:06:36/9:35 pace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home