Monday, August 11, 2008

Run at Home

Today was a scheduled day of hell at Wilke. Since I am still nursing my calf, I got a pass from coach G and ran at home. The goal was to run an hour and I wanted to get in at least 7 miles in that hour which is near an 8:30 pace. I ran north on Escarpment for 3.5 miles and turned around. I did that in about 30:45 which meant that I had to run home up the incline back to the house a bit faster. I was feeling good after two days off and I could barely feel anything in my calf...great news. I ran the last 3.5 miles faster than the first half and ran the last two miles in 8:11 and 8:07. That put me at a 59:34 total time. I have a long way to go to run 8:00 pace for an entire marathon, but the last two miles felt really good. I have 18 weeks to get ready and have a lot of work in front of me. It should be fun!

Stats - 7 miles/59:34/8:30 pace
AHR - 143
MHR - 164

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home